Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £35000 - £42000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Lead Occupational Therapist – CAMHS – Woking – Full Time, Permanent – Up to £42,000
About the Team:
- The adolescent intensive care unit accepts admissions from all over the UK with a view to discharging service users back to their local area as soon as they are ready.
- They provide support every step of the way, supported by a dedicated, multidisciplinary team, including a unique education programme to ensure their studies are as uninterrupted as possible.
- The hospital is also home to low secure facilities for men and women, with a whole range of therapies and services on offer to treat service users with mental health issues and related problems such as self-harm, substance misuse, anger and behaviour management.
About the Role:
- An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated Lead Occupational Therapist to join the CAMHS services.
- The post-holder will work as a member of our established Occupational Therapy team, managing a defined caseload of clients with complex needs, using evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- They will provide leadership to junior staff, through supervision and appraisal and participate in the planning, development and evaluation of Occupational Therapy services, holding responsibility for defined projects.
- You will be provided with on-going opportunities to hone new skills and further your career, as well as providing you with an environment where teams are supportive and supported.
Requirements for the Role:
- This post requires an innovative person with excellent communication skills, an interest in improving standards of care and experience of working with multi-professional teams and carers.
- You will be a champion for occupational therapy and have a genuine commitment to improving mental health services for children and young people, an ability to support staff teams under pressure, and the capacity for innovation.
- You will need to prove that you are educated to degree or diploma level and that you are a member of the Occupational Therapy Professional Body.
- You’ll also need excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work both autonomously and in a team.
If you are an experienced Occupational Therapist looking for a new challenge within mental health, and can deliver high quality care, then please apply today for a chance to become an integral part of the Team in Woking.