Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Tom Baker
Salary: £26.75 - £34.18
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven HealthCare is looking for a Locum Band 7 Paediatric Speech and Language Therapist to start ASAP until at least the end of May in Ashford, Surrey.
To be part of a paediatric therapy team to autonomously manage a complex caseload of children with a range of varied and complex needs. This will involve specialist assessment and treatment of children with complex needs. You will also hold a specialist role within the team providing advise, training, support to team members and other professionals in that given area of expertise.
- To provide support and advice for the child’s family and parents about all aspects of their care that relate to their therapy needs, adjusting use of language to allow for their level of comprehension to understand.
To provide and receive complex and sensitive information with regard to a child’s difficulties and expectations.
To attend meetings where requested in order to provide specialist advice about the therapy needs of the child. To arrange these meetings when appropriate.
To be able to demonstrate empathy and sensitivity in response to parents and children.
To work closely with parents who are themselves dealing with anger, grief and frustration as they come to terms with the impact of their child’s condition.
To provide specialist therapy reports for use within inter-agencies, e.g. educational documentation relevant to the practice setting, standards and guidelines.
- Qualifications: Degree in Speech and Language Therapy
- Experience: 5+ years post grad experience in speech and language therapy
- Broad knowledge of current best practice
- Documented evidence of CPD
- Competent use of standardised assessments
- Ability to deliver training
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Full time.
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After winning multiple awards in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Speech and Language Therapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.