Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Angus Irving
Salary: £27 - £30
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Locum Occupational Therapist
Seven Resourcing – Maidenhead, Berkshire
Seven Medical are seeking an Occupational Therapist in the Morpeth area.
To provide high quality support and advice to vulnerable adults including assessment and intervention to patients.
- To work as a member of the Discharge to Assess Team based with Hospital SW team and perform duties of an Occupational Therapist providing advice and information to patients and their carers and to respond promptly to those in crisis.
- To manage a caseload of patients who have a range of health and social care needs and to assist other Occupational Therapists within the team.
- To establish links with other health professionals and external agencies and also with voluntary and private sector providers to assist in meeting the needs of our patients and carers.
- To undertake reassessments of individual need.
- To take responsibility for safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
- Responsible for a personal case list, to provide assessment, intervention and reviews for patients and provision of information, advice, equipment and advocacy for patients and carers. Alert manager when more senior input is required.
- To support and assist the team in managing their case work e.g. assessing for and prescribing basic equipment, minor adaptation work, goal setting and reablement plans.
- Support the team to undertake risk assessments for individual client situations and formulate risk management plans, having regard for safety of clients and others, whilst promoting independence and managing positive risk taking. Identify more complex assessments of need and refer these for advice to qualified/ more senior members of staff as appropriate.
- Identify and/or investigate any incidence of potential abuse or neglect of vulnerable individuals and contribute to development and implementation of Protection Plans which maintain their safety.
- Provide emotional support and respond to ongoing day to day problems that are encountered by caseload.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, and clients, to maintain high quality written and electronic records in accordance with departmental policies.
- Physiotherapy degree and Fully Registered with HCPC
Travel: Ability to commute to and from work independently.
Working with Seven Medical:
Established in 2011, Seven Medical is a leading provider of Medical professionals to county NHS Trusts, charities, hospitals and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of the Medical industry.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018 and again in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a candidate who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
Job Types: Full-time, Locum
Salary: £27.00 to £30.00 /hour