Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Angus Irving
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Locum Occupational Therapist
Seven Resourcing – Maidenhead, Berkshire
Seven Medical are seeking an Occupational Therapist in the Maidenhead area.
To provide Professional Assessments and Support for Occupational Therapy needs to residents with long term needs within their own home environment
- To provide day to day ongoing professional support to customers as required and, where possible, promote social change
- Provide an Occupational Therapy Service to identified customers with complex needs, using relevant professional specialism and helping customers to achieve desired outcomes and improve their quality of life
- Monitor and review Occupational Therapy outcomes in line with procedures; assist in problem solving to enhance wellbeing using relevant professional skills
- Work with customers who require OT input to ensure individual needs are met and be responsible for a personal list of casework requiring OT input, providing information and advice to people and their carers. Alert manager when more senior input is required
- Forward completed OT Plans for formal sign off, revising with customer as necessary to achieve sign off and so that plans can be implemented
- Provide specialist assessments and training according to individual need to meet desired outcomes.
- Arrange, implement and review support arrangements and resources, carrying out minor adjustments as necessary to ensure desired outcomes are achieved
- Provide emotional support and respond to day to day ongoing problems encountered by caseload and colleagues.
- Respond to / raise alerts in regard to Safeguarding issues and undertake Safeguarding Investigations where necessary
- Qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with HPC or equivalent professional body
- Good standard of Maths and English
- Good knowledge of the needs of vulnerable adults and their carers
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of risk assessment
- An awareness of the function and operation of Eligibility Criteria within Adult Social Care
- Sound understanding of Self-Directed Support
- Good knowledge of the relevant social care legislative framework
- Significant experience of working with vulnerable adults in one or more of the following areas:
- Learning Disabilities
- Older Persons
- Physical Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Experience of working with Adults in the community.
- Manual Handling knowledge & experience
- Seating knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge & Experience with disabled facilities grant (DFG) work
Hours: 30 hrs per week. 4/5 days Mon-Fri.
Working with Seven Medical:
Established in 2011, Seven Medical is a leading provider of Medical professionals to county NHS Trusts, charities, hospitals and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of the Medical industry.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018 and again in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a candidate who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Flexible within Band 6