Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Tom Baker
Salary: £30 - £36
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a Locum Occupational Therapist in Leeds to start ASAP on an ongoing basis with a potential view to take on a permanent role if desired.
This role is initially part time of just one day per week, increasing to two days per week after 3-4 weeks of supply. My client are seeking a competent Occupational Therapist to work as part of an interdisciplinary team providing occupational therapy input to service users with acquired brain injury. The role will also required you to liaise with internal and external professionals, family members and service users.
- To work as an in clinical professional with knowledge and skills, problem solving and clinical reasoning in a specialist area
- To manage, with support and supervision, and prioritise a caseload of service users with complex mental/physical health needs and/or challenging behaviour.
- To use evidence based/service user centred principles and clinical reasoning to assess, plan, implement and evaluate intervention
- To assess and monitor the service user’s need for equipment and the provision of this, e.g. raised toilet seats, adaptive cutlery, commode/shower chairs and minor adaptations as required (grab rails)
- To be committed to continuous professional development.
- BSc or equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with the HCPC
- Preferably a member of RCOT
- 2 x professional references
- DBS declaration
- Post graduate experience within acquired brain injuries and learning disabilities
- Part time 0900-1700 (1 day per week initially, increasing to 2 days after 3-4 weeks of supply
- Inside IR35
Working with Seven Health & Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Health & Social Care is a leading provider of care professionals to The NHS, county councils, charities, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Psychology, Muscular Therapy, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Support Work and everything in between.
After being winning multiple awards in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know an Occupational Therapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Health & Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.