Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophia Bliss
Salary: £25000 - £35000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a Neuro Occupational Therapist to fill an exclusive opportunity in Luton.
As a Neuro Occupational Therapist, you will work as a member of the working closely with our Community, Acquired Brain Injury (ABI), Early Supported Discharge (ESD) and Inpatient Rehabilitation Services, and will undertake specialist assessment and treatment. You’ll provide specialist care and knowledge to our patients, staff and affiliated partners. You’ll care for patients and their families in the way that you believe is best, delivering our high service standards, sharing best practice, and actively improving the way we work.
- To be able to prioritise clinical work and managerial work and balance other patient related and professional activities as the department requires.
- To use sound clinical reasoning skills, manual assessment techniques and diagnostic procedures to assess and develop treatment programmes.
- To devise individualised OT management and / or treatment plans, using a range of treatment/ management options, to include patient education and exercise.
- To formulate accurate prognoses and recommend best course of intervention, developing comprehensive discharge plans, liaising with community rehabilitation teams and Intermediate care teams.
- To evaluate patient progress, reassess and alter treatment programmes if required.
- To evaluate the outcomes of your interventions.
- To evaluate patient progress, reflect, analyse and reassess intervention and alter treatment programmes as appropriate.
- To gather information from a variety of sources and use professional judgement when making independent decisions and to support other MDT staff.
- To participate in appropriate work-related evaluation projects and to be aware of current research relevant to the specialty.
- To participate in any relevant clinical governance projects and audits.
- To evaluate your own clinical effectiveness.
- To undertake and present relevant evidence-based projects.
- Qualifications: BSc/Diploma Occupational therapy or equivalent.
- Registered with Health Professions Council.
- Knowledge of the full range of OT client groups.
- Continuing Professional Development diary including evidence of reflective practice, training and clinical experience.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Knowledge of community, rehabilitation, and neurology.
- Experience in supervising other staff.
- Experience of working with support workers.
- Supervision of students.
- Experience of lone working and decision making.
- Knowledge of equipment and major/minor adaptations.
- Knowledge of current manual handling policies.
- Knowledge of clinical governance/risk.
- Compliance: DBS.
- Travel: Valid full UK driving licence preferred.
- Hours: Full Time.
- Competitive Salary.
- NHS Pension.
- Additional one-off payment (Golden Hello) of up to £2,000 (pro rata), linked to appointment and satisfactory performance.
- Training and development opportunities.
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything inbetween.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Neuro Occupational Therapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.