Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wood
Salary: £26000 - £36000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for an Neurological Physiotherapist to fill an exclusive opportunity in Pulford in the Chester area.
To perform Neurological physiotherapeutic assessment of patients with diverse and complex conditions, to provide clinical hypothesis and develop and deliver an individualised treatment/rehabilitation programme, with the support and clinical supervision of more experienced staff within the team.
Provide specialist advice and referring patients to other agencies when necessary, following communication with clinical support within the team.
To liaise with GPs, District Nurses, Social Care professionals, next of kin and carer / PA teams, and case managers, to ensure safety and best clinical practice.
To identify and prioritise key tasks and manage your own, often busy caseload with support and supervision as required.
To offer a marketing and business supportive role within the context of the business needs, under direction from the Directors and Administrator staff as required.
As a less experienced neurological physiotherapist within the team you will have access to clinical supervision, support and communication with a named mentor and supervisor, as well as other available team members as and when needed. This will happen through an organised clinical supervision process, which will support your professional and clinical development as you move towards more specialist skills within this clinical area. The following components of this job description are descriptive of the tasks that will be included in your role within this clinical supervision framework.
- To undertake comprehensive assessment of patients with complex problems, using clinical reasoning skills and using assessment techniques, in order to provide an accurate analysis of the patient’s problems. To have knowledge of any significant warning signs (red flags) for a variety of conditions and be able to identify those patients who need referral for medical/specialist care.
- To plan and deliver an individual physiotherapy treatment programme using sound knowledge of evidence-supported practice and treatment options. The treatment plan to be based on patient agreed goals, taking into account the individual’s psychosocial needs.
- To obtain patient consent by reviewing and reflecting with the patient their understanding of their problems and treatment options.
- To provide specialist advice and education on patient care to other health, social, educational and voluntary sector services. This will involve discussing, sharing and working closely together with other professionals about treatment/care programmes.
- Continual evaluation of progression of patients problems and goal achievement with respect to the treatment plan and adjustment of treatment techniques accordingly.
- To comply with the company Manual Handling Policy at all times.
- To regularly work as a lone practitioner within treatment sessions, on home visits or within clinic rooms in the clinic – but knowing that the support of the other team members and Clinical Director are always available on request through organisation of the diary and through the clinical supervision programme, or, if needed at the time, through contact with the clinic via telephone or messaging services.
- Attend case conferences and use professional judgment/clinical reasoning skills to inform decision making regarding future direction and care planning where complex patient needs exist.
- Provide clinical and professional support to the team and ensure that the work of the team is promoted and understood within the wider communities that we come into contact with.
- To take part in multi-disciplinary case meetings to discuss individual patient’s needs and liaise with the teams of staff involved in these.
Qualifications: Degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent.
Evidence of Post Graduate training.
Experience: Respect the confidentiality and privacy of patients and staff at all time – Health and Safety.
To comply with all aspects of the health and safety policies and to participate in mandatory training as required.
Maintain at all times a safe working environment and report any issues of concern as appropriate.
Compliance: HCPC Registration.
Travel: Full driving license and access to a car is essential as you must be able to travel to the various sites.
Hours: Full time
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Physiotherapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.