Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £24450 - £30000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Occupational Therapist – Mental Health – Harrow – Full Time, Permanent – Up to £29,900
About the Team:
- This private hospital have a vacancy in acute in-patient psychiatric service, serving a wide range of psychological and emotional problems, including addictions.
- Set in a calming and therapeutic environment the ward can support up to 18 men and women. Referrals are accepted from all over the U.K.
- With high staffing levels, the service aims to help people stabilise and enable them to return to the community, or least restrictive environment for them, as quickly as possible.
- The average length of stay for service users is usually between 7 and 14 days.
About the Role:
- The post-holder will work as a member of their established Occupational Therapy Team, managing a defined caseload of clients with complex needs, using evidence based/client centered principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- They will provide leadership to junior staff, through supervision and appraisal and participate in the planning, development and evaluation of Occupational Therapy services, holding responsibility for defined projects.
- The post-holder will be provided with on-going opportunities to hone new skills and further their career, as well as work in an environment where teams are supportive and supported.
Requirements for the Role:
- You will need to be educated to degree or diploma level.
- You will be a member of the Occupational Therapy Professional Body.
- You will also need excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work both autonomously and in a team.
If you are an Occupational Therapist looking for a new challenge within mental health, and can deliver high quality care, then please apply today for a chance to become an integral part of the Team in Harrow.