Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £22000 - £22000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Occupational Therapist – Mental Health – Leicester – Full Time, Permanent – Salary: £22,000
About the Team:
- This private Hospital designed to cater for women between the ages of 18 and 65 who have diagnoses of Personality Disorder and/or Serious and Enduring Mental Illness.
- The patient group present with risks that are related to their mental disorder but not mandating treatment in a secure facility.
- This is a flexible environment, designed to support each patient’s progress along their pathway.
About the Role:
- Working 37.5 hours per week, you will be required to provide direct clinical care which encompasses Occupational Therapy assessment, treatment and management of patients with complex mental health needs who are detained under the Mental Health Act 1983.
- You will work within the existing OT team, alongside a full multidisciplinary team.
- You will work autonomously with Occupational Therapy specific interventions, based on clinical reasoning.
- You will be involved in planning, providing, evaluating therapeutic groups and activity programmes as appropriate to the clinical setting.
Requirements for the Role:
- It is essential that you will hold a degree in Occupational Therapy, be a strong team player, and have excellent communication skills with the ability to work within a full MDT managing your own caseload.
- Some post-qualification experience would be beneficial, however, newly qualified individuals with the ability to work independently most of the time will be considered.
- You must be able to demonstrate evidence of core OT skills, and be registered with the Health Professions Council.
If you are an Occupational Therapist looking to begin and/or further your career, then please apply today, for the chance to join a forward thinking nationwide provider of care.