Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £28000 - £35000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for an Occupational Therapist to fill an exclusive opportunity in Dundee in the Angus area.
The post holder will be part of a multidisciplinary team which provides service to people who have Learning Disability with health care or psychiatric needs. To provide clinical evidence based Occupational therapy service to our patients. To also provide supervision and appraisal for designated staff to promote professional development and assist in implementing service developments within the Company.
- To assess and plan appropriate treatment for patients referred to the Occupational Therapy Service.
- To evaluate and seek available evidence to ensure that treatments are based on clinically effective principles.
- To record and report appropriate details of patients’ treatment/progress in accordance with Professional and Company standards in order to maintain high levels of written/verbal communication.
- To attend relevant ward rounds, case conferences and patient related meetings to ensure appropriate inter – professional communication to assist in treatment planning and overall care.
- To be an integral member of the multi-disciplinary team.
- To assess patients in the appropriate setting, identify problems and implement a multi-disciplinary care programme taking into account the patient’s’ needs and wishes. Those patients not accepted into the scheme will be signposted to other appropriate services.
Qualifications: Degree in Occupational Therapy
Experience: Previous experience of working in an challenging behavioural setting
Experience of working with adults who have a Learning Disability and Mental Health Issues
Experience in the planning and implementation of care plans
Compliance: Registered with the HCPC
Hours: Full time
Working with SevenHealthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Physiotherapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.