Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £31531 - £42715
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to fill an exclusive role over in Guernsey within the Channel Islands. This post offers a full relocation package which includes iterview travel.
This post will give the post-holder a unique opportunity to gain experience working across hospital and community settings as they follow the individual from hospital into their own homes and/or home to hospital. This service model allows the Occupational Therapist to utilise the full range of treatment approaches by combining the major elements of the existing roles of the hospital and community Occupational Therapists.
- To manage a caseload of client, including those with multiple diagnosis, complex needs and requiring long-term intervention, and be responsible for organising own workload in line with the agreed priorities, policies and procedures of the employing authority.
- To carry out appropriate assessments, undertake individual client-centred treatment programmes focusing on agreed goals and to evaluate and adapt the programmes as needs change.
- To facilitate the safe discharge of individuals to community living.
- To communicate complex, sensitive, clinical and procedural information to client and/or carer.
- To communicate with other professionals/carers during the assessment process and in undertaking treatment programmes to ensure best clinical practice and integrated service delivery.
- To prepare/present appropriate professional reports as required.
- To attend and contribute to case conferences, ward and community care-planning meetings as required.
- To utilise appropriate skill mix in the delivery of the Occupational Therapy Service.
- To review case progress regularly, record information and carry out administrative procedures in accordance with departmental practice.
- To formulate a specification, following assessment, for the provision of minor medical devices/assistive technology and adaptations to ensure it meets identified need.
- To identify long-term needs and make onward referrals to action further intervention to meet client’s holistic needs
- To carry out manual handling/clinical risk assessments and implement subsequent actions.
- To actively participate in regular professional supervision in order to demonstrate and be accountable that planned interventions meet identified needs.
- To be accountable for own safety as a lone worker and ensure any risks identified are documented and actioned.
- To gain a detailed working knowledge of all policies and procedures relating to Occupational Therapy Service and demonstrate understanding of its application to clinical practice.
- To ensure active involvement in established service practices such as team/staff meetings, inservice training.
- To participate in other activities, which would benefit from the application of professional Occupational Therapy, e.g. group work, working parties as directed by Line Manager.
- To be responsible for own Continuous Professional Development including attending mandatory training as directed by Line Manager and other relevant courses and lectures, which would benefit the overall service to clients/carers and satisfy clinical governance requirements.
- BSc or equivelant in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with the HCPC
- Evidence of postgraduate CPD
- Experience working at Band 5 level or above as an Occupational Therapist in 2-3 different clinical areas/rotations, one of which must have been with Older People or Physical Disabilities.
- Knowledgeable in Occupational Therapy models and treatment approaches and able to critically evaluate implementation within clinical area in line with organisational policies and evidence based practice principles.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise and delegate appropriately to manage own workload yet able to recognise the need for and seek support when necessary
- Have experience working in a multi-disciplinary team gaining an awareness of team dynamics and developed good interpersonal skills and the maturity / self-confidence to form effective working relationships.
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Occupational Therapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.