Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £22 - £22
Job Status: Temporary / part time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a specialist Occupational Therapist to fill an exclusive role in the West Sussex area.
To work as part of an interdisciplinary team providing occupational therapy input to service users with acquired brain injury. To liaise with internal and external professionals, family members and service users.
- To work as an in clinical professional with knowledge and skills, problem solving and clinical reasoning in a specialist area
To manage, with support and supervision, and prioritise a caseload of service users with complex mental/physical health needs and/or challenging behavior.
To use evidence based/service user centred principles and clinical reasoning to assess, plan, implement and evaluate intervention
To assess and monitor the service user’s need for equipment and the provision of this, e.g. raised toilet seats, adaptive cutlery, commode/shower chairs and minor adaptations as required (grab rails)
To be committed to continuous professional development.
- Relevant professional qualification
- Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Understanding of the principles of confidentiality and information governance and how these apply to social care.
- Understanding of diversity and how it affects practice.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and in a timely way with individuals, carers families, other professionals and team members which is clear, fluent, concise and jargon free and in a courteous calm and professional manner. This includes both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to effectively engage with people in complex situations both short-term and building professional relationships over time
- Ability to engage in difficult conversations in challenging situations and with people who may be resistant.
- Part time – 2/3 days per week
Working with Seven Health & Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Health & Social Care is a leading provider of care professionals to The NHS, county councils, charities, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Psychology, Muscular Therapy, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know an Occupational Therapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Health & Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.