Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £25328 - £32780
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Band 5 Occupational Therapist – Up to £32,780 – Full Time – Guernsey
- Guernsey is a beautiful island located south of England, and off the northwest coast of France. There are plenty of reasons to consider relocating for a permanent job in Guernsey, not least the better weather!
- The Island’s coastline of cliffs, beaches and harbour ports combines with its French influence to provide a relaxed lifestyle in the most beautiful of settings.
- For most visitors, the island’s coast is its greatest draw. There are 27 very different bays to choose from – some with long and popular stretches of sand, others hidden coves which rarely attract tourists. The beautiful south coast is lined with stunning cliffs best explored on foot.
- The generous relocation package offered includes; house hunting visit; removal expenses; assistance with the cost of inbound travel; rental allowance; a house purchase grant.
- To manage a defined caseload, using evidence based practice and client-centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- To provide a comprehensive Occupational Therapy assessment and rehabilitation service to Service Users who have varying disability needs.
- Have a commitment to working within a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) by collaboratively working with professional colleagues to provide high standard of multi-disciplinary service.
- To work as part of a flexible Occupational Therapy Service and a wider multidisciplinary team in a variety of settings including Service Users’ own homes, community settings, long term care areas, Service User’ workplace, as well as within the Princess Elizabeth Hospital.
- Provide support and leadership for Occupational Therapy Assistants and Occupational Therapy students.
- To participate in service development and evaluation of Occupational Therapy within HSC as appropriate.
You must have:
- A Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy or be a graduate of a School of Occupational Therapy recognized by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists.
- HCPC Registration
- Evidence of postgraduate CPD
- Experience working at Band 5 Level or above as an OT in 2-3 different clinical areas/rotations, one of which must have been with Older People or Physical Disabilities.
- Knowledge in Occupational Therapy models and treatment approaches and able to critically evaluate implementation within clinical area in line with organisational policies and evidence based practice principles.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise and delegate appropriately to manage own workload yet able to recognise the need for and seek support when necessary.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team gaining an awareness of team dynamics and developed good interpersonal skills and the maturity/self confidence to form effective working relationships.