Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wood
Salary: £23000 - £29000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for an Band 5 Occupational Therapist to fill an exclusive opportunity in the Newport, Shropshire area.
To support the development of an effective wellbeing programme with a clear recovery focus.
Working innovatively to ensure the programme evolves and develops in line with the evidence base.
- Providing specialist occupational therapy clinical expertise.
- To deputise for the band 6 Occupational Therapy Lead.
- To contribute to the development of policies and procedures within the organisation, especially in relation to the Wellbeing Programme.
- To contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of the Wellbeing Programme.
- To participate in the recruitment and selection of junior staff.
- To promote and contribute to the development of the service within a culture of change.
- To carry out OT assessment and interventions on both a 1:1 and group work basis using robust theoretical and evidence based models.
- To participate as a dynamic and innovative member of the multi-disciplinary team.
- To provide effective liaison with community services.
- To contribute to the whole system treatment planning process, developing, implementing and evaluating treatment and encouraging and supporting service users to define their treatment needs.
- To formulate and adhere to risk assessments and management plans ensuring that appropriate risk documentation is completed and available to appropriate individuals.
- To facilitate and co-facilitate psycho educational groups.
- To contribute to multi disciplinary and multi agency clinical meetings ensuring they are relevant and effective.
- To contribute to the development of treatment programmes within the centre.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of the ‘Recovery and Social Reintegration Breaks’ and attend on a residential basis.
- To collate performance and outcome data and submit reports as requested.
- To contribute to the development of comprehensive care packages and to the process of effective discharge planning, working collaboratively with the Community Outreach team and other voluntary and statutory professionals involved in the Veterans’ care.
- To receive and participate in clinical supervision in accordance with policy.
- To promote the health and wellbeing of Veterans and maintain a safe, caring and therapeutic environment.
- To promote and maintain excellent standards of care within the clinical governance framework.
- To support other MDT staff to provide interventions that are recovery focused and promote social inclusion.
- To promote the empowerment and education of service users in relation to their own recovery and wellbeing.
- To keep clinical records up to date and in accordance with legislation and the policies of the Charity.
- To assist with the development and co-ordination of outcome monitoring systems and collation of data.
- To produce high quality letters and reports about a Veterans’ treatment. To use Information Management and Technology effectively in accordance with the policies of the Organisation.
- To complete incident reporting in accordance with the policies of the company.
Qualifications: Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent.
Experience: You will need excellent foundation skills in Occupational Therapy, an interest in consolidating your skills in mental health and military veterans and be a strong team player.
The work we do is highly rewarding and you will have every opportunity to grow your professional experience in an environment committed to ongoing training and development. We look forward to receiving your application.
Compliance: HCPC Registration.
Travel: Full driving license and access to a car is essential as you must be able to travel to the various sites.
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours P/w.
In addition, we offer the following benefits;
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with an increase upon 5 years of continuous service
- competitive stakeholder pension scheme – contributions matched up to 10%
- discount shopping
- cycle to work scheme
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Occupational Therapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.