Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wood
Salary: £36000 - £39000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for an Occupational Therapist (Band 7/ Highly Specialist) to fill an exclusive opportunity in the Darlington area.
The site offers care and treatment to those affected by acquired brain injuries. It is a safe and secure place to aid recovery as well as offering those diagnosed with a progressive neurological disease, like Huntington’s Disease, a caring and long term placement to support and help manage the progression of their symptoms.
- Implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to client’s diagnosis and identified needs within the service
- Provide clinical care to a caseload of clients using evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions
- Work closely with the interdisciplinary team onsite
- Complete full assessments of patients’ occupational performance including areas of self-care, productivity and leisure whilst utilising standardised and non-standardised tools
- Implement core group and individual treatments to achieve therapeutic goals
- Contribute to all aspects of risk assessment and management, within your clinical area
- Evaluate and modify interventions, utilising appropriate outcome measures
- To actively participate in and initiate the planning, development and evaluation of OT services, holding responsibility for defined projects
Qualifications: A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy
- Experience working in a Band 6 (Specialist) or Band 7 (Highly Specialist) Occupational Therapist role. This would also suit someone in a Senior / Lead or Head OTposition
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process and interventions within an inpatient setting
- A ‘hands on’ approach
- The ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Respect the confidentiality and privacy of patients and staff at all time – Health and Safety.
- To comply with all aspects of the health and safety policies and to participate in mandatory training as required.
- Maintain at all times a safe working environment and report any issues of concern as appropriate
- Experience with an adult neuropsychiatry client group
- Training and supervision experience is desirable
Compliance: Registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and membership of the RCOT (Royal College of Occupational Therapy)
Travel: To be able to travel independently to and from the location.
Hours: Full Time. 40 hours per week.
Benefits to you:
- Salary: in the region of £39,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Company pension scheme
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- Internal / external CPD and training opportunities
- OT email group and peer support (150+ OTs currently across Cygnet Health Care)
- Clinical supervision and support from the Director of Occupational Therapy (North)
- Opportunities to broaden experience – we also have a Neuropsychiatry practice development group that supports with clinical skills and service development.
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Psychologist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.