Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £25 - £30
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary, part-time Occupational Therapist to work with the South Molton and Chumleigh Social Care Team. This role is for 22.5 hours per week and is paying an hourly rate around the £30.00 per hour mark. The contract is initially for a period of around 3 months.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to work 22.5 hours per week in the South Molton and Chumleigh Social Care Team. The role will involve use of Occupational Therapy (OT) philosophy and the delivery of interventions focussing on promoting independence by supporting individuals to maximise their occupational performance in the activities that are important to them.
- Use of OT core skills, including activity analysis, understanding the impact of disability and the environment on independence and knowledge of adaptive solutions to reduce dependence.
- Working across all areas of Social Care and health responsibility and delivering a range of interventions including; information, advice, safeguarding and full case management as well as environmental adaptation, equipment provision and the use of a reabling approach.
- Working as full members of the Team, Community Occupational Therapists are responsible for providing a person-centred service through specialist clinical assessment within the context of Social Care and Health policy and legislation.
- The post involves leading on cases to support individuals with complex needs and lone working in a variety of settings.
- The post involves undertaking assessments and making applications for disabled facilities grants (DFG).
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 22.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.