Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £22 - £26
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Health Care is looking for an Occupational Therapist to fill an exciting opportunity in Berkshire.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will be responsible for using a strength-based approach, completing an assessment of the needs of individuals and contribute by triaging to identify the appropriate service to meet their needs, including discussions with other professionals.
- To provide a professional Occupational Therapy service to adults in Surrey, their families and carers in line with national legislation including but not exclusively the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and Health and Safety Act .
- To actively promote wellbeing and independence by completing complex occupational assessments, identifying person centred SMART goals and devising skills gain practice schedules for staff in reablement.
- At this level the role holder is more autonomous and will demonstrate expert and effective practice in complex situations, providing risk management programmes, specialist equipment, adaptations and carer training, to meet identified needs using local authority funding and the Disabled Facilities Grant process where eligible.
- Take professional responsibility for managing a complex caseload which will include individuals, children, carers and families who require support and guidance.
- Demonstrate confident and effective judgement about risk and accountability in decision-making and be able to sustain engagement with fluctuating circumstances and capacities, including where there is hostility and risk
- Use assessment procedures discerningly in response to the presenting needs and to ensure that a proportionate assessment is completed in a way that enables maximum participation.
- Use professional judgement, employing a range of interventions: promoting independence, providing support and protection, taking preventative action and ensuring safety whilst balancing rights and risks.
- Relevant professional qualification and registration where required.
- Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Experience: Understanding of the principles of confidentiality and information governance and how these apply to social care.
- Understanding of diversity and how it affects practice.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and in a timely way with individuals, carers families, other professionals and team members which is clear, fluent, concise and jargon free and in a courteous calm and professional manner. This includes both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to effectively engage with people in complex situations both short-term and building professional relationships over time
- Ability to engage in difficult conversations in challenging situations and with people who may be resistant.
- Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Monday to Thursday 8:45 till 17:15 Fridays 08:45 till 16:45
Working with Seven Health & Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Health & Social Care is a leading provider of care professionals to The NHS, county councils, charities, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Psychology, Muscular Therapy, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know an Occupational Therapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Health & Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.