Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £15000 - £20000
Job Status: Permanent / part time
Adults Occupational Therapist – Part-time, 18 hours – Permanent – Mole Valley, Dorking
About the Team:
- A Social Care Locality Team are looking for a Qualified Occupational Therapist with at least one year’s’ experience, to work in the Mole Valley District.
- Joining them, you would be part of a multi skilled team which includes; social workers; occupational therapists; assistant social care practitioners and reablement personnel.
- You will work closely with your team members, as well as with other organisations and agencies, to provide an integrated service in order to support vulnerable adults and their carers in a community based setting
About the Role:
- You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients who have differing needs. Clients may experience a learning disability, physical or sensory impairment, mental health or be an older person.
- This diverse role will facilitate your development and equip you with a range of skills to enable you to undertake frontline holistic occupational therapy practice within a social care setting.
- You will have the opportunity to put into practice the legislation underpinning, and build your professional experience of major adaptations, reablement skills gain programs, and moving and handling risk assessments and intervention, with the aim of supporting and empowering the clients to live meaningful lives within the community.
- Part of the community based role would require you to carry out home visits within your locality area, some of these settings include clients’ homes, residential care and nursing homes.
- In return for your skills, this role offers a competitive starting salary equivalent to that of a band 6 OT in a healthcare setting, an 18 hour working week (with the strong possibility of increased hours in the future) and with options for agile work practice. You will receive on-going career development and training to support in your continuing professional development.
Requirements for the Role:
- Applicants must hold a professional occupational therapy qualification (degree or diploma)
- You will have maintain current registration with the HCPC and adhere to HCPC standards for conduct, performance and ethics.
- You will have an in depth knowledge of medical conditions and the likely impact on the individual and be able to demonstrate knowledge of the impact of long term disability on the individual, carer and family.
- Applicants will need to have the willingness and ability to travel across Surrey in accordance with the demands of the work and the job profile.
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity to join an established and reputable council, to grow your experience and hone your skills, whilst having a positive impact on people’s lives. If you meet the requirements for this role, and are ready to make a progressive move with your career, please apply today.