Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wood
Salary: £32000 - £37500
Job Status: Permanent / part time
Seven Healthcare is looking for an Part Time Occupational Therapist (Band 6 / Specialist) to fill an exclusive opportunity in the Huddersfield area.
We are looking to recruit a Part Time Band 6 / Specialist Occupational Therapist (OT) to join our Clients team in Huddersfield.
An enhanced community residential service providing outcome focused care for adults with learning disabilities, who may have behaviours that challenge and associated complex needs.
- Manage a defined caseload of clients using evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions
- Work closely with the interdisciplinary team onsite
- Complete full assessments of clients occupational performance including areas of self-care, productivity and leisure whilst utilising standardised and non-standardised tools
- Implement core group and individual treatments
- Contribute to all aspects of risk assessment and management, within your clinical area
- Evaluate and modify interventions, utilising appropriate outcome measures
- To actively participate in and initiate the planning, development and evaluation of OT services, holding responsibility for defined projects
Qualifications: A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy
- Experience working in a Band 5 or Band 6 Occupational Therapist role
- Some experience working with a learning disability client group is preferred
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process and interventions in a learning disability inpatient setting
- A ‘hands on’ approach
- The ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
Compliance: Registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and membership of the RCOT (Royal College of Occupational Therapy)
Travel: To be able to travel independently to and from the location.
Hours: 16 per week (2 days between Monday to Friday).
Benefits to you:
- Salary: in the region of £37,500 (Pro rata / Depending on Experience)
- Company pension scheme
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- Internal / external CPD and training opportunities
- OT email group and peer support (150+ OTs currently across Cygnet Health Care)
- Clinical supervision and support from the Director of Occupational Therapy (North)
- Opportunities to broaden experience and enhance service development
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Psychologist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.