Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wood
Salary: £31531 - £38055
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to relocated & fill an exclusive opportunity in an independent hospital located in Guernsey.
This full time post will give the post-holder a unique opportunity to gain experience working across hospital and community settings as they follow the individual from hospital into their own homes and/or home to hospital. This service model allows the Occupational Therapist to utilise the full range of treatment approaches by combining the major elements of the existing roles of the hospital and community Occupational Therapists.
- To manage a defined caseload, using evidence based practice and client-centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- To provide a comprehensive Occupational Therapy assessment and rehabilitation service to Service Users who have varying disability needs.
- Provide supervision and facilitate professional development with Occupational Therapy Assistants and Occupational Therapy students.
- To have an active role in education of staff through in-service training, multi-disciplinary training programmes, IHSCS programmes, OT student training and work experience; and to work in an education role with other staff groups and with the wider multi-disciplinary team and outside agencies/charities.
- Have a commitment to working within a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) by collaboratively working with professional colleagues to provide a high standard of multi-disciplinary service.
- To work as part of a flexible Occupational Therapy Service and a wider multi-disciplinary team in a variety of settings including Service Users’ own homes, community settings, long term care areas, Service Users’ work place, as well as within the Hospital.
- We offer a full relocation package which includes interview travel, this is in addition to our competitive pay, annual bonus.
- We offer an 8 year employment permit for those wishing to bring a partner or family. Please see the link below for further information regarding this.
- Terms and conditions apply to all bonuses, relocation package, travel and employment permits.
Qualifications: Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent.
Evidence of Post Graduate training and a member of the RCOT (Royal College of Occupational Therapy)
- Experience in the field of adult mental health
- Currently an experienced Band 6
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication / time management skills
- HCPC Registration.
- Satisfactory, Enhanced, Disclosure and Barring Service Check with Barred Listing Check
Travel: To travel to and from work independently.
Hours: Full time
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Occupational Therapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.