Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £23 - £33
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Full Time or Part Time Physiotherapist for short-term Locum role – MSK – Harrogate
About the Team:
- This Boutique Gym & Wellness Centre need some temporary relief to cover annual leave, and are happy to consider candidates seeking part time or full time.
- This Fitness Team comprises of dedicated Physiotherapists and Personal Trainers, who work together to provide a holistic and complete approach to Fitness and Wellbeing, aiming to provide the best, individually tailored exercise programme and advice to give the optimal level of person centred support.
- The physiotherapy clientele is mainly musculoskeletal, but can also be varied with some respiratory and neurological clients.
- The physiotherapy team also lead the Pilates classes and Pilates 1:1 or 2:1 sessions, being trained in clinical rehabilitation Pilates.
Responsibilities in the Role:
- To produce thorough assessments to then provide effective and evidence based treatment, ensuring that each client has an individualised and person centred plan which is realistic and positive within his/her range of abilities.
- To ensure that all treatments are performed in accordance with best practice and within scope of practice as indicated by The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- To record outcomes objectively and efficiently, being able to be understood by the whole team.
- To perform as a team member, building a strong internal interdisciplinary team and ensure that information is communicated accurately and appropriately both verbally and in written form.
- To become conversant with and apply relevant company policies and procedures.
Requirements for the Role:
- Hold a professional physiotherapy qualification recognised by The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and be registered with The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) with no restrictions on practice or pending investigations.
- Be able to build effective working relationships with team members, and be able to gain good rapport with all clients and visitors.
- To lead by example and have a positive attitude and enthusiasm towards colleagues, clients and with the wider work of the centre.
- To be able to demonstrate and document a clear understanding of clinical skills.
- Ideally, you will have a recognised Pilates Instructor qualification at a standard equivalent of APPI and be able to teach Pilates classes to a high standard, modifying exercises to suit the clients’ individual needs and level of ability. Pilates reformer training also desirable.
- To have a keen interest in Pilates and its use as a treatment with musculoskeletal clients and for other conditions, such as neurological rehabilitation, ante/post natal.