Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Nathan Prescott
Salary: £16.3 - £16.3
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
£16.30 Per Hour
About the role:
- To communicate effectively with all staff and people involved in service user care in a professional, concise and accurate manner to ensure that information is disseminated throughout the whole team and to promote good working relationships at all times.
- To frequently use highly developed verbal and non-verbal skills to communicate complex and sensitive information effectively with service users who present with barriers to effective communication. Such barriers may include language and cultural differences, hearing or visual impairment, neurological impairment, tracheostomy, pain, fear and anxiety.
- To be responsible for maintenance of accurate and evaluative written records using Resident Care Plans
- To be accountable and responsible for devising, developing, delivering and updating individualised Rehabilitation and/or Therapy Plans for service users assessed as suitable to receive such services.
- To communicate with other MDT members, family, carers and to advise and demonstrate practical techniques to be carried out with service users.
- To take an active role in multidisciplinary meetings.
- To undertake specialist assessments (as an autonomous practitioner), and using clinical reasoning skills, knowledge of evidence based practice and advanced neurological expertise, determine appropriate treatment plans utilising specialist treatment skills and options.
- To use highly developed specialist neuro handling skills and to use evidence based treatments.
- To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of own clinical practice and be accountable for the work delegated to physiotherapy assistants or carers.
- To use reflective practice and establish outcome measures to evaluate treatment in order to achieve optimal service user outcomes.
- To provide advice on specialist physiotherapy care and treatment for service users with neurological and physical problems based on theoretical knowledge, evidence from research and relevant practical experience.
- To manage risk within the home including during treatment sessions.
- To report all complaints, accidents and near misses to the Home Manager and to document appropriately.
- To organise referrals to other health disciplines as required.
- To ensure professional guidelines and standards from the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and national guidelines are followed.
- To be responsible for maintaining own competency to practice through CPD activities, maintaining a portfolio, which reflects personal development. To maintain and develop current knowledge of evidence based best practice.
- To provide support, guidance and training to therapy and care assistants, assessing and evaluating competence.
- To be responsible for own time management in planning caseload to meet service and service user priorities.
- Previous experience of providing physiotherapy in a similar environment and client group
- Up to date knowledge of evidence based best practice in the physiotherapy field
- Working knowledge of regulatory frameworks and regulatory body inspection processes and documentation.
- Excellent working knowledge of IT systems.
- Must be HCPC & CSP registered
- Evidence of Continual Professional Education
Can you see yourself working in Norfolk?
This job is advertised by Nathan; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.