Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £28000 - £38000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for an MSK Physiotherapist to fill an exclusive opportunity in Basingstoke in the Hampshire area.
- To undertake advanced assessments, clinical diagnosis and treatment of patients within in-patient rehabilitation setting. These patients often have complex and/or chronic presentations.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner to undertake a significant specialist clinical caseload, working without direct supervision.
- To take a role in supervision and teaching of physiotherapists, assistants and students on placement within a clinical specialty.
- To undertake specialist assessments of patients including those with diverse or complex presentations/multi pathologies and to assess patients jointly with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- To use sound clinical reasoning skills, manual assessment techniques and diagnostic procedures to assess and develop treatment programmes.
- To devise individualised physiotherapy management and / or treatment plans, using a range of treatment/ management options, to include patient education and exercise and use of group work/ classes.
- Work alongside a multidisciplinary team.
- To evaluate patient progress, reassess and alter treatment programmes if required.
- To maintain accurate records in line with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy standards and Virgin Care Limited standards and policies.
- To provide training of junior staff, students, or assistants/technicians, other therapists, nursing staff and care workers within the clinical area.
- Qualifications: Diploma/degree leading to inclusion on Health Professions Council Physiotherapy register
- Experience: Post registration experience across a variety of rotations to include gaining experience in the treatment of patients with respiratory, musculoskeletal and neurological conditions
- Experience of working in a MDT team and contributing to team decisions
- Experience of managing own caseload and prioritising
- Experience of working with assistants and ability to delegate
- Involvement in appraisal system as appraisee.
- Teaching of patients, carers and peers
- Post registration experience of in-patient rehabilitation in a community hospital setting
- Compliance: Evidence of CPD
- Understanding of how to maintain confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients.
- Competitive Salary
- NHS Pension
- Additional one-off payment (Golden Hello) of up to £2,000 (pro rata), linked to appointment and satisfactory performance
- Training and development opportunities