Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophia Bliss
Salary: £25000 - £35000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a Physiotherapist to fill an exclusive opportunity in Buckinghamshire.
As a Physiotherapist, you will undertake advanced assessments, clinical diagnosis and treatment of patients within in-patient rehabilitation setting. These patients often have complex and/or chronic presentations. To take a role in supervision and teaching of physiotherapists, assistants and students on placement within a clinical specialty. To demonstrate leadership skills and contribute to service development and monitoring of standards of practice and developing multidisciplinary management of patients.
- To undertake specialist assessments of patients including those with diverse or complex presentations/multipathologies and to assess patients jointly with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- To use sound clinical reasoning skills, manual assessment techniques and diagnostic procedures to assess and develop treatment programmes.
- To devise individualised physiotherapy management and / or treatment plans, using a range of treatment/ management options, to include patient education and exercise and use of group work/ classes.
- To formulate accurate prognoses and recommend best course of intervention, developing comprehensive discharge plans, liaising with community rehabilitation teams and Intermediate care teams.
- To evaluate patient progress, reassess and alter treatment programmes if required.
- To evaluate the outcomes of your interventions.
- To demonstrate the physical ability to carry out physiotherapy assessments and interventions, including manual physiotherapy techniques and therapeutic handling. This includes frequent light to moderate physical effort.
- To attend relevant wards rounds, meetings and case conferences as appropriate in order to ensure appropriate management and effective and timely discharge of patients.
- To attend staff meetings and actively participate ensuring understanding of information imparted.
- Assess patients understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework with patients who lack capacity to consent to treatment.
- To use a range of verbal and non-verbal communication tools to communicate effectively with patients in order to progress rehabilitation and treatment programmes. This may include patients who will have difficulties in understanding or communicating, e.g. patients who may be deaf, blind, or be unable to accept diagnosis or presenting condition or who have cognitive and behavioural problems.
- To appreciate cultural differences and take these into account when agreeing treatment plans with patients.
- To manage frequently highly stressful conditions, ie critically ill patients, those who have had major trauma and frequent patient deaths.
- To manage patients who maybe occasionally aggressive or confused.
- To be able to manage potentially stressful, upsetting or emotional situations in an empathetic manner.
- Qualifications: Diploma/degree leading to inclusion on Health Professions Council Physiotherapy register.
- Experience: Post registration experience across a variety of rotations to include gaining experience in the treatment of patients with respiratory, musculoskeletal and neurological conditions.
- Experience of working in a MDT team and contributing to team decisions.
- Experience of managing own caseload and prioritising.
- Experience of working with assistants and ability to delegate.
- Involvement in appraisal system as appraisee.
- Teaching of patients, carers and peers.
- Post registration experience of in-patient rehabilitation in a community hospital setting.
- Compliance: HCPC Registration.
- Travel: Valid full UK driving licence preferred.
- Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week).
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything inbetween.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Physiotherapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.