Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £18 - £20.75
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a Podiatrist (Band 6) is looking to fill an exclusive role within the Surrey area.
To work as an integral member of the podiatry team to assess need and deliver quality programmes of Podiatric care to patients in a variety of settings across the sites. This requires a general knowledge of all aspects of podiatric practice to provide specialised, high quality responsive podiatric treatment to maintain patient’s mobility, independence and prevention of disability.
- To assess, diagnose, develop specialised treatment plans and provide effective podiatric treatments, using a problem solving approach based on clinical need and evidence based practice. This is frequently with patients with complex medical conditions such as diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, vascular insufficiencies, physical or other disabilities and other vulnerable groups.
- To provide early intervention whenever possible to enable long term gain.
- To provide services at a wide variety of sites including a patient’s home, clinics, GP practices, community hospitals and in challenging conditions, often working in isolation. The post holder will be expected to work as part of a multidisciplinary team when required and act as a source of advice to patients, carers, GP’s and other Health Care Professionals.
- To undertake diagnostic procedures effectively using appropriate equipment e.g. wound swabs, doppler ultrasound. Competently interpret, record, report and act on the results.
- To be proficient in comprehensive neurological and vascular assessments, wound debridement, advanced pathology and wound management e.g. dressing selection.
- BSc or equivelant in Podiatry
- Local Anaesthetic Certificate
- Post graduate education / CPS in minor/ nail surgery
- Car Driver (Full License)
- Broad spectrum if clinical experience
- Six months of NHS Podiatry experience
- Experienced in the provision of high risk assessments, treatment, planning and delivery of minor surgery
- Working independently as a team member
- Able to demonstrate in-depth clinical knowledge and practical skills for nail surgery
- Awareness of current NHS trends and policies, including clinical governance and NSF’s
- Awareness of health and safety
- Appreciation of good record keeping
- HCPC registration
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything inbetween.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Physiotherapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.