Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £50000 - £55000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Practice Development Manager (OT Qualified) -Permanent – Kingston upon Thames – £50,903
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join an Adult Social Care Practice Development Team, in Kingston upon Thames.
About the Team:
- Developing and maintaining best professional practice delivered in a local, personalised way, in the context of increasingly integrated working, lies at the heart of this Adult Social Care and Public Health Directorate priorities.
About the Role:
- The role of Practice Development Manager is central to the effective implementation of our strategic policies. This is a really interesting, varied and rewarding job and is a high profile, high visibility post within the service.
- As part of your role you will be expected to monitor and review forthcoming legislation, practice and policy changes, in order to plan and implement proactive initiatives that improve professional practice within the Adult Social Care Service in Surrey.
- Working closely with the Senior Manager for Occupational Therapy and the Principal Social Worker and other practice development team colleagues, you will provide visible leadership to the service, actively promoting a culture of continuous professional improvement, and ensuring that national recommendations and employer’s standards e.g. regarding supervision for professional, staff are embedded within the directorate.
- You will be responsible for managing staff on the trainee scheme and for leading on the Preceptorship scheme within the directorate.
Requirements for the Role:
- You will need to have extensive post registration professional experience as an Occupational Therapist, either working in a local authority or a community based multi agency environment.
- You should be able to evidence your commitment to research and evidenced based practice and your understanding of a range of professional interventions. You will have a proven track record of delivering creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensure value for money.
- It is essential that you have excellent communication skills and professional credibility with front line staff and peers and the ability to work collaboratively with Managers across the Directorate, other service areas, and with partners locally and regionally.
- You will be politically astute, with excellent negotiating, influencing and leadership skills.
- The successful applicant will have a work style that will complement our, small, effective and influential Practice Development Team and will be expected to work on their own initiative with minimal supervision on specified practice areas, demonstrating an innovative and solution-focused approach to problem-solving.
If you are ready to make a move to progress your career in new and exciting direction, and you meet the requirements for this rare opportunity, please apply today.