Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £21 - £25
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a locum Band 6 Physiotherapist to join a reablement team to fill an exclusive role in the Bristol area.
The aim of the service is to maximise and maintain independence through the provision of rehabilitation and support.
Following an initial assessment and in consultation with the service user, a care plan and rehabilitation programme is drawn up. Service users are encouraged to take an active part in the development of their plans and are supported to make informed choices regarding their care.
Key service objectives:
- Prevention of admission to hospital
- Supporting discharge from hospital
- Carrying out planned intervention
- Stabilising Care Plans
- Working with individuals to regain as much independence as possible
- Determining the appropriate level and type of service for any on-going needs.
- Provide an evidence-based Physiotherapy service of a high standard, to patients in a community setting by undertaking comprehensive assessments, reassessments, care planning, rehabilitation and therapeutic care and implementation. This will involve using clinical reasoning skills and knowledge of evidence-based practice to inform the appropriate intervention and developing comprehensive discharge plans from the service. There will be an expectation the post holder will be a role model for more junior staff
- Provide professional advice and guidance to the team and others. This will involve contributing to the smooth day to day management of the team, data gathering, analysis, recording and reporting, interpreting and recommended further courses of action.
- Assist in further integration of health and social care practices, helping to break down barriers and enable more joint working and shared pathways, working with other practioners and teams to provide holistic care to patients.
- Resolve varied problems using advanced analytical /problem solving techniques to understand the causes. Find solutions based on limited information and use evaluation, judgment and interpretation to select best course of action.
- Accountable for day to day people management of the team, contributing to longer term planning, performance, coordination and development of staff.
- Diploma/ Degree in Physiotherapy
- Membership of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and/ or evidence of other professional liability insurance to practice
- Registered with HCPC
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) recorded in a portfolio, as recommended by HCPC.
- Previous post qualification experience working in health and social care environment within the physiotherapy professional discipline
- Has depth of knowledge of principles and practises within physiotherapy.
- Experienced and has knowledge of physiotherapy and management practises.
- Good working knowledge of typical work related systems , procedures , equipment and technology
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislation that applies to care and health work
- Good levels of IT literacy including good knowledge of service related systems
- Demonstrates experience in a people management role, including experience conducting appraisals and general performance management tasks
- Experience of helping developing team members and of seeking ways to improve services
- Able to interpret and explain a variety of routine and more complex technical information to a variety of audiences
- Evidence of ability to resolve varied problems using sound logic and taking into consideration relevant implications and able to demonstrate evidence of good decision making
- Full Time
- Essential to have access to insured vehicle for work purpose
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Physiotherapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.