Sector: Health Care
Consultant: Michele Dawson
Salary: £36644 - £36644
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a Speech and Language Therapist to fill an exclusive opportunity in the Swansea area.
- Aiming to prevent hospital admission and support discharge in clients own home or care home with a wide range of aetiologies including progressive and acquired neurological difficulties, stroke and end of life pathway. Working closely in a multidisciplinary team.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic dysphagia trained therapist to use their expertise and decision making skills with a varied and complex adult caseload, supported by an experienced team within a dynamic Integrated Health and Social Care Service.
- To act as an independent practitioner in the systematic and autonomous specialist provision of Speech and Language Therapy services to adults with swallowing difficulties and acquired and progressive speech and language and communication difficulties being responsible for the assessment, treatment and discharge management of own specialist caseload of clients in their own homes/Nursing Homes
- To contribute within own specialist area to departmental research and evidence based clinical development activities and to ensure that the service delivered complies with current clinical effectiveness standards and treatment models, identifying risk factors and being responsible for risk management within own specialist caseload and clinical area
- To provide both formal and informal training to relevant staff, carers and other professionals as appropriate or as requested by line manager.
- To provide clinical support to peers and other health professionals working in the same clinical setting and to provide supervision or training opportunities for student observation sessions or undergraduates as appropriate
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree qualification or equivalent
- Postgraduate course in Dysphagia or equivalent experience
- Registered member of Health and Care Professions Council
- Membership of CEN
- Two years post qualification and at least one year working with an adult caseload
- Experience in supervising Speech and Language Therapy students to final year
- Use and interpretation of assessments for specialist caseload that includes acquired and progressive neurological disorders, ENT, Brain Injury and dysphagia.
- Experience and implementation of a range of specialist treatment options for individuals and groups
- Ability to manage specialist caseload without direct supervision
- Independently plans and prioritises own patient caseload
- Evidence of planning and organising training / teaching e.g. Speech and Language Therapists, other professionals, medical staff and assistants.
- Ability to travel between sites in a timely manner
- 37.5 hours per week
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Physiotherapist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.