Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £14 - £18
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Housing Allocations Officer to work with Windsor and Maidenhead Council. This role is initially for a period of 3 months and will be paying £14.00 – £18.00 per hour.
To support the Housing Register and Allocations service in delivering an effective and responsive service to local residents with a housing need.
Under the guidance of the Deputy Head of Housing, the post-holder will be responsible for undertaking case by case allocations of nominations via the Housing Register and maintenance of the same to ensure the service is responsive to client needs within available resources ensuring agreed team plans and performance targets are delivered.
This will involve carrying and managing a case load, working with individuals, supporting and directing customers to access a broad range of housing options and where appropriate, making relevant onward referrals and signposting to other services. The post holder will ensure statutory requirements are met and local team targets are delivered through case work.
- To investigate and assess all applicants under the Housing Act 1985 and Housing Act 1996 (Part VI) to assess whether housing is required. This may include interviewing applicants to determine their eligibility, making detailed enquires to other organisations to verify information, and carrying out home visits in order to confirm/evaluate housing circumstances, if required.
- To prioritise all applicants in the appropriate category and banding in line with the Council’s allocations policy and other guidelines. To write and serve decision letters on all applications, explaining the reasons for their decision and advising them of their right to review.
- To make appropriate and timely nominations in response to all requests received from partnering housing associations that the Council has nomination rights to.
- To effectively administer the housing allocation process to minimise voids periods.
- To support the placing of households into emergency accommodation where required by the Housing Options Service
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424 .