Job Reference: 55770
Housing Benefits Officer – Remote Working
- Northumberland, Northumberland
- £22 - £22 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a Housing Benefits Officer to work initially for 4 months. This is a fully remote working role currently.
Your role is to assist the Benefits Assessment Team Leader in all aspects of benefit administration and ensure that an effective and efficient standard of service is provided. You will verify, determine and process all types of housing benefit and council tax benefit claims and changes of circumstance, issue requests for information as required and take follow-up action including suspension and cancellation.
- Verify, determine and process all types of housing benefit and council tax benefit claims and changes of circumstance
- Issue requests for information as required and take follow-up action including suspension and cancellation
- Revise decisions as necessary on receipt of new information or evidence
- Notify customers of their entitlement and appeal rights
- At all contact with claimants, payees and their representatives, emphasise their duty to notify all changes promptly, encourage them to do so, and inform or remind them of how and where to make such reports
- Qualifications: N/A
- Experience Experience of working in a Benefits Section in a local authority and Experience of being part of a team.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.