Job Reference: 57327
Assessment and Engagement Worker
- Chester, Cheshire
- £15 - £17 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a qualified Assessment and Engagement Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity within a leading charity in Wales.
- To deliver excellent drug and alcohol services to service users and their significant others, including family members friends and carers, to facilitate positive outcomes.
To proactively coordinate and deliver strengths-based assessments, evidence-based interventions (brief and structured), initial risk and recovery planning and other engagement activity.
To work collaboratively with colleagues and key stakeholders across multi-disciplinary teams, ensuring adherence with all policies and Safeguarding principles.
- Provide high quality, person centred, low threshold services, responding to the individual and diverse needs and preferences of our service users and their significant others.
Deliver harm reduction advice, guidance and education including through assertive outreach, needle & syringe programme delivery, brief and extended recovery interventions, blood borne virus intervention, overdose prevention including naloxone programmes.
Deliver strengths-based assessments, culminating in co-produced recovery/care planned interventions, engagement and re-engagement planning.
Enable service users to access education and employment services and health, wellbeing and recovery support activities and to signpost to other available services.
Support volunteers, peer mentors and service user representatives to take an active part in services.
Identify risks and take appropriate action in accordance with local, national and organisational Safeguarding policies.
Actively contribute to multi-disciplinary review meetings internally and externally.
Work flexibly, including across multiple sites and peripatetically when required.
- Qualifications: NVQ/QCF/RCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent. Or the ability and commitment to complete this within 2 years of employment (training & support provided).
- Experience: 1-2+ years of working in a similar role
- Compliance: Up to date DBS is required.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
We have been helping criminal justice professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK criminal justice, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.