Domestic Abuse Worker
- Location: Horsham, England
- Salary: £19.29 - £19.29 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Kamran Hasan
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a Domestic Abuse Worker in Horsham
Rate: £19.29 via Umbrella Company
Contract: 3-6 Month Contract initially
Hours: 37 Hours
You will undertake direct work with clients and their families who have experienced domestic violence / sexual assault, to ensure they receive an appropriate service. You will work within a multi-agency setting and keep the clients’ safety central to all coordinated responses. You will support colleagues and partner agencies to provide the best possible service to victims. Working with Children’s social care colleagues, you will be part of a multi-agency team providing support to families within the Family Safeguarding model. This will include crisis management of victims at high risk, providing one to one or group work to promote safety and understanding of the impact of the abuse for victims and their families, and also advocating for the victim to ensure their voice is heard. The role is part of the integrated DA hub in the Integrated Front Door, working to ensure victims safety and reduce risk. The work is mainly phone based with number of aspects to the role being part of small team. Full training will be provided.
- Experience in working with domestic abuse
- Experience of working with people with a range of different support needs, aspirations for their future and associated risks.
- Experience of delivering high quality floating/outreach support services to people with a range of needs and risks.
- Good knowledge of welfare benefits and housing options and legislation related to statutory duty.
- Knowledge of health and safety relevant to role as a Floating Support Worker and working in Service User’s homes.
- An ability to undertake client-focused key working, support planning and risk assessments to maximise Service Users’ independence.
- Good understanding of the range of issues, diagnoses and treatment relevant to the client group including mental health and substance misuse.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and to promoting service users’ rights, privacy, dignity, choice and control.
Working with Criminal Justice :
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of residential support workers and local social workers, to specialist substance misuse recovery workers and criminal justice court workers; we’re passionate about working closely with our candidates to find opportunities which really work for them. That’s how we ensure we deliver exceptional candidates for every role.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know someone who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.