Job Reference: KR105
- Bristol, Bristol
- £19124 - £21249 per annum
- Permanent / Full Time
Join us at Eden House, a designated Approved Premises (AP) for up to 26 women, supported by a specially trained all-women workforce! You’ll provide support for women either returning to the community after serving time in prison or who have been given a residential requirement as part of a community sentence.
We’re looking for a Residential Worker to come and join our established team! From delivering structured activities and skills sessions to supervision and maintenance of discipline; you will provide a safe and supporting environment to allow our residents to re-integrate smoothly back into the community.
We need your excellent communication skills and empathetic ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with our residents, colleagues, and external agencies. Risk assessment and management skills will also be greatly received, and you will need to be assertive enough to exercise authority and reinforce boundaries with our residents where necessary.
Our successful candidate will ideally have worked in a residential setting or have experience working within the criminal justice sector. However, we appreciate that not everyone can tick every single box, just so long as you are confident and are comfortable working with a diverse range of people from a variety of backgrounds and circumstances.
This is a rewarding opportunity that will allow you to support and encourage our residents back into the community with the skills and confidence they need.
Due to the gender-specific nature of this role, applications can only be accepted by female candidates. Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
In return for your dedication, knowledge, and commitment, we’re offering a competitive salary of £19,124 – £21,249 per annum(dependent on experience) with these great benefits:
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off (with the opportunity to buy additional days)
- 2 Volunteer Days
- Pension – 5% Employee 5% Employer
- Healthcare Cash Plan, incl. 3 x salary life assurance
- Annual salary increase in line with the national average
- Refer a friend scheme
- Free access to Benefit Hub – an online portal with access to a wide range of retail discounts, cycle to work scheme, and additional voluntary benefits
Location: Bristol, BS16 Fishponds/Blackberry Hill area
Hours: Full time – working a shift pattern of 4 shifts on and 4 shifts off, rotating 4 x 7:15am to 4:30pm hours and 11:30am to 8:45pm hours. 9.25 hours per shift including a half an hour paid break daily. This equates to 30.63 hours per week.
Closing Date: 19 October 2022
- Deliver daily structured living skills sessions plus leisure and creative activities
- Provide support to enable residents to deal with problems and become independent
- Assist with the induction of new residents to ensure their familiarity with the environment and understanding of rules and policies
- Maintain an active presence in the Approved Premises at all times during the shift, including undertaking regular inspections of the building
- Report any significant changes or key information relating to residents and escalate any matters of concern
- Act as Fire Warden and First Aider on duty
- Maintain records and files as required
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate empathy, with the ability to use tact and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with good listening skills
- Input and maintain computer-based information systems in an accurate and timely manner
- Exercise authority and reinforce boundaries in an appropriate manner
- To work on own initiative and be able to cope with stressful situations
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Residential Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.