Substance Misuse Nurse
- Location: East Sussex, England
- Salary: £35 - £40 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Substance Misuse Nurse to join our collaborative healthcare team. In this role, you will be tasked with providing exceptional support and care to individuals suffering from drug and alcohol addiction.
1. Monitor and assess the physical and mental health of individuals suffering from substance abuse disorders.
2. Develop personal care plans in consultation with service users and multidisciplinary healthcare professionals.
3. Provide comprehensive advice, education and support to clients regarding substance misuse.
4. Deliver therapeutic interventions and facilitate group and 1-1 counselling sessions.
5. Facilitate detoxification processes and provide aftercare support.
6. Administer medication under supervision and maintain regular clinical documentation.
7. Liaise with other service providers, such as GPs, social services and courts, regarding the well-being of clients.
8. Support wider team by providing training and knowledge sharing in the field of substance misuse.
9. Ensure adherence to all relevant healthcare regulations and standards.
1. Valid NMC registration as a Registered Nurse.
2. Experience in dealing with patients of substance misuse, mental illnesses or other vulnerable groups.
3. Up-to-date knowledge of substance misuse treatments and health and safety guidelines.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Flexible approach towards working hours to meet the needs of the service.
This job presents a fantastic opportunity for a nurse who has a passion for providing high-quality care to vulnerable individuals living with addiction. Our team is a collaborative and inclusive community, committed to creating a supportive environment for all staff members.
Our organisation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all eligible candidates to apply. If you are seeking a rewarding and fulfilling career in your nursing journey, apply now.
Please remember to include your NMC Pin and right-to-work eligibility in your application.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.