Substance Misuse Nurse
- Location: Manchester, England
- Salary: £35 - £38 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice are currently seeking an experienced, dedicated, and compassionate Substance Misuse Nurse to provide vital care and support to patients battling substance misuse. The successful candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team in Manchester and their primary duty will be to provide a holistic and personalised approach to people with a need for drug and alcohol treatment and recovery services.
1. Deliver all aspects of substance misuse work including case management, administration of medication and health interventions.
2. Conduct initial assessments including risk assessments for new clients entering the service.
3. Provide harm reduction advice and health education.
4. Provide appropriate advice, support, and resources to patients and their families.
5. Support the implementation, evaluation and review of care plans related to patient’s recovery.
6. Collaborate with other healthcare professionals in planning, implementing, and evaluating comprehensive patient care.
7. Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records in line with the NMC principles of record-keeping.
8. Promote physical health and wellbeing of service users through planned health promotion activities and interventions.
1. Registered Nurse (NMC Registration).
2. Experience working within a substance misuse setting or a keen interest to move into this field.
3. Evidence of continual professional development.
1. Excellent clinical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to handle stressful situations and maintain a calm and rational perspective in difficult circumstances.
3. Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently.
4. Highly motivated with the ability to use initiative in coordinating client care.
5. Knowledge of health promotion strategies, harm reduction, brief interventions and motivational interviewing techniques.
6. An understanding of the principles of clinical governance and experience in managing clinical risk.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from qualified individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a part of a team that values your commitment to providing quality care and want to help make a real difference in the lives of those struggling with substance misuse, we encourage you to apply today.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.