Job Reference: GS787
Substance Misuse Nurse
- Brighton, East Sussex
- £35 - £45 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice have found an exciting opportunity which has arisen in Brighton, for the position of Substance Misuse Nurse. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced RGN or RMN to join a substance misuse service within a secure environment. They are currently looking for a RGN or RMN who has a positive attitude, that is willing to learn and understand the treatment process.
As a Substance Misuse Nurse (RGN or RMN) you will be joining a national service with a reputation for delivering excellence in services for people with drug and alcohol dependency issues.
Key Responsibilities for a Substance Misuse Nurse:
· Manage and support junior staff and to ensure the highest professional clinical standards promoting safety for staff and prisoners.
· Ensure the healthcare regime is delivered in a safe and timely manner.
· Deputise for senior staff when required.
· Link and work closely with other agencies to ensure holistic shared care planning for prisoners
· Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in providing high quality healthcare to the Prisoners.
· The focus will be on primary care that will involve reception screening, the provision of primary healthcare services to the residents housed in the main prison as well as in its Healthcare Centre, and Separation & Care Unit.
· Work in close collaboration with the Lead Substance Misuse GP and Pharmacist regarding the development and implementation of treatment protocols, policies and national guidelines for clinical management, continuation of care and substitute prescribing regimes and clinical observations to ensure patient’s safety.
· Work in close collaboration with the Clinical Recovery Lead / Substance Misuse GP and Pharmacist regarding the development and implementation of protocols and guidelines for the management of patients who have substance misuse issues out of core hours.
· Attend and contribute to joint case reviews and attend CPA meetings.
· Contribute and provide regular supervision and support for the Health Care Staff and contribute to the duty rotas and shift patterns to ensure a safe and effective seven-day cover self-rostering
· Contribute to devising and delivering training to other Clinical Staff, Recovery Workers and other relevant staff across the prison.
· Be responsible for the induction, clinical supervision and training of the junior health care assistants so as to maintain high standards of care.
· Participate in regular supervision, peer review and the appraisal scheme using reflective practice.
· We are looking for people who can run a variety of nurse led substance misuse clinics i.e. Alcohol clinics, Joint review clinics
Applicant Requirements for a Substance Misuse Worker:
· Qualifications: First level registered nurse with recent relevant post qualification (RMN or RGN)
· Experience: Experience in Substance Misuse
· Compliance: NMC Pin
· Hours: Full time
Working with Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Doctors, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After winning multiple awards in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.