Job Reference: GS1060
Substance Misuse Psychiatrist
- East Yorkshire, West Yorkshire
- £100 - £115 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice are looking for a Substance Misuse Psychiatrist to fill an exclusive ongoing opportunity within a leading substance misuse service in the Yorkshire area.
Hourly rate is £100+ per hour.
The post-holder will contribute to the service in ensuring service users consistently receive high quality services that adhere to the best practice guidelines and achieve high professional standards. They will be required to actively contribute to the overall performance of the service to ensure that contractual output targets are achieved. They will be required to record and input client data and information in order that the service operates within contractual, administrative and financial requirements.
- To provide a clinical assessment, including relevant psychiatric and physical investigation, of a wide range of substance misusers presenting to the service.
- In conjunction with other members of the Multidisciplinary Team to plan and deliver appropriate individually tailored treatment plans.
- To regularly review and monitor patients’ treatment progress (including results of urinalysis and other laboratory investigations).
- To keep accurate appropriate and up-to-date medical and administrative documentation including computer records. These should be entered on the same day or as soon as possible after the clinical consultation.
- To liaise closely with other relevant professionals and organisations including no statutory addiction services, adult psychiatric services, general practitioners, medical colleagues, Social Services and Prison Services.
- To operate within guidelines, policies and procedures relevant to the post.
- To provide clinical advice, liaison and consultation as required to colleagues in primary care, community services and acute specialties in line with new ways of working
- Engaging with people who have substance misuse problems and providing them with general healthcare and general mental health assessments and contribute to the development of individual care plans.
- Provide specialist prescribing assessments to opiate, stimulant, tranquilizer, barbiturate, alcohol dependent clients, and those with novel psychoactive substance use.
- Initiate appropriate prescribing regimes to clients in line with national legislation and national and local guidance.
- Provide medical management and reviews of prescribed clients
- Provide sound evidence-based clinical practice to facilitate effective treatment decisions.
- Work with other team members to ensure effective administration in terms of record keeping, discharge summaries and correspondence to other relevant bodies. Work with management team to ensure all paperwork is regularly audited.
- Conduct phlebotomy tests if required and support nursing team in ensuring that the maximum number of service users are tested for BBVs and vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B.
- Be an active part of the management team to ensure service and organisational goals are met and that clinical standards are kept high.
- Qualifications: Medical Degree and completion of Basic Medical Training
- Experience: Experience in delivering evidence based treatments in Substance Misuse
- Compliance: Full GMC- UK Registration and Licence to Practice
- Hours: Full time flexible
Working with Seven Health Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Doctors, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a medic who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.