Substance Misuse Worker
- Location: Kensington, England
- Salary: £24 - £24 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Substance Misuse Worker to support individuals dealing with issues related to drug and alcohol misuse in Kensington, ensuring their journey to recovery.
1. Provide assistance, structure, and supervision to those affected by substance misuse.
2. Develop personalised treatment plans and assess the progress of every individual.
3. Conduct regular client assessments, focusing on their physical and mental health, risk assessment, and social needs.
4. Coordinate with other healthcare professionals to ensure the provision of comprehensive and efficient service.
5. Provide harm reduction advice and perform services like needle exchange.
6. Support clients in crisis situations and liaise with emergency services as necessary.
7. Aid clients with their reintegration into the community through collaboration with social care providers, employers, and housing services.
8. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records respecting clients’ confidentiality.
9. Participate in team meetings, training, and supervision sessions as required.
10. Ensure local policies, procedures, and guidelines are always followed.
– Degree or diploma in related field
– Prior experience working with substance misuse issues and a clear understanding of addiction, recovery, and the challenges faced by those affected
– Up to date knowledge of the Misuse of Drugs Act
– Excellent interpersonal, communication, and motivational skills
– The ability to maintain patience and provide emotional support to clients even under stressful conditions
– Sensitive to and respectful of diversity in religious, cultural, racial, and sexual orientation issues
– DBS Check Clearance
– Flexibility to work irregular hours including nights and weekends if required
The role presents a fulfilling opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team and make a tangible difference in the lives of those battling substance misuse issues. If you are a dedicated professional with the passion to make a significant impact in individuals’ lives, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our clients, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.