Substance Misuse Worker
- Location: Hackney, England
- Salary: £24 - £24 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice are currently looking for a dedicated and compassionate Substance Misuse Worker for a challenging but rewarding role based in Hackney. Guided by a multi-disciplinary team, you will provide support to individuals suffering from substance misuse issues, aiding them on their path to recovery.
1. Engage with individual clients, conducting thorough assessments of their substance misuse and associated problems.
2. Develop personalised treatment plans in line with Recovery Agenda principles.
3. Assist clients in achieving their recovery goals through proactive engagement, motivation and harm reduction.
4. Facilitate one-one and group therapeutic intervention sessions.
5. Work closely with other agencies to provide a coordinated approach to service delivery, including medical professionals, social services, employment agencies, housing agencies, etc.
6. Maintain careful documentation of client interactions and treatment plans.
7. Provide comprehensive risk assessments and crisis intervention services when required.
8. Help clients build healthy relationships and re-integrate into society.
9. Adherence to all confidentiality and data protection protocols.
Qualifications and Skills required:
1. Relevant degree or diploma in substance misuse, counselling, social work or mental health.
2. Previous experience in a similar role dealing with substance misuse issues.
3. Knowledge and understanding of the issues facing substance misusers including an understanding of mental health issues.
4. Strong communication and relationship-building skills.
5. Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
6. Commitment to Recovery Agenda principles and promoting a non-judgmental and inclusive environment.
7. Comfortable dealing with individuals in crisis and coping under pressure.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a committed individual to make a real difference to the lives of people struggling with substance misuse. In return for your dedication and commitment, we offer a competitive salary of £24 per hour.
Please note: All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and should possess an enhanced DBS check, or be willing to undergo one.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristics.
Note: Due to COVID-19, necessary precautions and guidelines will be followed as per government instructions.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.