Substance Misuse Worker
- Location: Hastings, England
- Salary: £24 - £24 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Substance Misuse Worker to join our dedicated team in Hastings, UK. The successful candidate will provide essential support, care, and treatment to individuals struggling with substance misuse, helping them on their journey to recovery.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Undertake comprehensive assessments of individuals, developing personalized care plans in accordance with best practice guidelines.
2. Deliver one-to-one and group-based interventions.
3. Work closely with other healthcare professionals and agencies in order to provide a well-rounded support network for the client.
4. Administer medication, where applicable, under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
5. Maintain accurate records and data in line with GDPR and company policies.
6. Provide harm reduction advice and education to clients and their families.
7. Ensure the delivery of services in line with relevant legislation and policy.
Qualifications & Experience:
1. Must be qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care, or similar.
2. Previous experience in a similar role within substance misuse or mental health field is essential.
3. Knowledge of current drug and alcohol treatments and understanding of the recovery agenda.
4. Strong communication and relationship-building skills.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to all GDPR requirements.
6. A current and valid UK driving license is desirable.
We offer competitive rates of pay, excellent working conditions and ongoing support and training to help you fulfill your role to the best of your ability. This is an opportunity for a caring professional to make a real difference to the lives of individuals affected by substance misuse.
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS and reference checks.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Note: The working hours are flexible, however, may include some unsociable hours, such as evenings or weekends, based on the needs of our clients.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.