Substance Misuse Worker
- Location: Norfolk, England
- Salary: £20 - £21 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice are currently seeking a compassionate and motivated Substance Misuse Worker to join our team in Norfolk. The ideal candidate will have significant experience working with individuals who struggle with substance misuse, offering them exceptional support and help towards recovery.
1. Manage a caseload of clients who have substance misuse problems.
2. Provide tailored one-to-one support, advice and information to service users.
3. Develop and maintain relationships with service users by building trust and providing emotional support.
4. Assess and review the needs and risks of service users on a regular basis.
5. Implement personalised care plans including the provision of advice on detoxification and rehabilitation.
6. Work closely with medical and non-medical organisation to coordinate services for service users.
7. Document and maintain accurate records on clients’ progress.
8. Conduct home visits and community outreach as necessary.
9. Hold group sessions and workshops on topics about substance misuse and healthy living.
10. Maintain confidentiality and respect for clients’ privacy at all times.
1. A relevant degree or an equivalent qualification in social work, nursing, psychology, counselling or a related field.
2. Previous experience in substance misuse services.
3. Knowledge of the effects and treatment of drug and alcohol misuse.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. A deep understanding of issues surrounding confidentiality and safeguarding.
6. Ability to manage a large and diverse caseload effectively.
7. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
8. Must be DBS checked.
9. UK driving license is advantageous.
The successful candidate will be required to commit to ongoing training and development to maintain knowledge and understanding of substance misuse, as well as changing practices and procedures within the sector. If you are empathetic, dedicated and have a passion for providing support to individuals going through the journey of recovery, you are encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to promoting diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
Please Note: The successful candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.