Substance Misuse Worker
- Location: Southampton, England
- Salary: £20 - £21 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice are currently seeking a dynamic, compassionate, and dedicated Substance Misuse Worker to join our team in Southampton, UK. The selected candidate will be committed to helping individuals who are struggling with substance misuse problems, providing them with the support and guidance they require to combat their addiction and reintegrate into society.
– Deliver efficient and effective interventions to all service users suffering from substance misuse issues.
– Provide supportive counselling, establish treatment plans, and conduct regular reviews to monitor the progress of every individual.
– Collaborate closely with other health professionals such as doctors, social workers, and therapists to deliver holistic care.
– Facilitate group therapy sessions and workshops, educating service users on the dangers and effects of substance misuse.
– Advocate for service users, liaising with other external agencies as necessary.
– Identify ways to support service users in their recovery, like linking them to job opportunities, housing, educational courses, etc.
– Record and report all incidents related to service users in accordance with company policy and regulations.
– Promote health and well-being, offering advice on self-care and prevention strategies.
– Hold a relevant degree or similar qualification in social work, counselling, or a related field.
– Previous experience in a similar role dealing with substance misuse.
– You must be registered with the appropriate professional body in the UK (e.g., HCPC).
– Understanding of substance misuse issues and empathetic approach towards patients
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Ability to work on a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as required.
– Enhanced DBS check will be required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated health professional who wants to join a team committed to making a positive change in individuals’ lives. If you feel you have the commitment, skills, and passion, then we would love to hear from you. Apply today!
(Note: Salary will depend on experience and qualifications, and the current rate of £20/hour is subject to negotiation.)
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.