Substance Misuse Worker
- Location: Cardiff, Wales
- Salary: £21 - £21 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Kamran Hasan
Substance Misuse Worker I £21 P/H I Cardiff
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a qualified Substance Misuse Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity within a leading organisation in Cardiff.
- To deliver excellent drug and alcohol services to service users and their significant others, including family members friends and carers, to facilitate positive outcomes.
- To manage a case load and coordinate and deliver assessment and evidence-based interventions (brief and structured), recovery planning and aftercare planning.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and key stakeholder across multi-disciplinary teams, ensuring adherence with all WDP policies and Safeguarding principles.
- Provide high quality, person centred, low threshold services, responding to the individual and diverse needs and preferences of our service users and their significant others.
- Deliver evidence-based psychosocial one-to-one and group interventions as part of an effectively integrated care package and to take an assertive approach to service user disengagement.
- Deliver harm reduction advice, guidance and education including the needle & syringe programme delivery, brief and extended recovery interventions, blood borne virus intervention, overdose prevention including naloxone programmes.
- Enable service users to access education and employment services and health, wellbeing and recovery support activities and to signpost to other available services.
- Support volunteers, peer mentors and service user representatives to take an active part in WDP services.
- Identify risks and take appropriate action in accordance with local, national and organisational Safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Actively contribute to multi-disciplinary review meetings internally and externally.
- Maintain accurate and timely records using the designated case management system in compliance with WDP Information Governance policies and procedures.
- Work flexibly, including across multiple sites and peripatetically when required.
- Experience: 1-2+ years of working in a similar role
- Compliance: Up to date DBS is required.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
We have been helping criminal justice professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK criminal justice, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.