Substance Misuse Worker
- Location: Bristol, England
- Salary: £27791.34 - £27791.34 per annum
- Type: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice are looking to fill a Permanent Substance Misuse Worker role in Bristol.
Hours: 37.5 a week, Monday – Friday
- 27 days Annual Leave plus bank Holiday allowance
- Extensive training programmes
You will have responsibility for delivering evidence-based, structured support to people with primary problematic opioid use and/or dependent alcohol use within Primary Care, working alongside and supporting GPs indelivering treatment.
The role is to encourage ambition, motivate and support people to regain their independence from their substance use through the use of opioid substitution or alcohol detox medications coupled with packages of psychosocial care. Shared Care workers will provide harm reduction advice, inspire and encourage change and actively support individuals through maintenance or detox pathways. They will use a variety of evidenced approaches, including Contingency Management to support their work, and ensure that people link successfully to other services to meet their physical and mental health needs including the Community Recovery Service (CRS) within ROADS.
- To be proactive in reviewing and evaluating own performance and identifying and acting on areas for improvement and development.
- To provide advice and assistance to the Chief Executive, the Service Manager and the Board of Trustees about the development of resources.
- To maintain timely and appropriate records (both electronic and manual), within required timescales.
- To assist in the promotional/educational work undertaken by the Project.
- To assist in the recruitment, training and where appropriate, to be responsible for, the support of volunteers, peers and supervision of students on placement.
- To attend such internal and external meetings as directed.
- To take all reasonable steps to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Policy.
- To work within the framework and spirit of the agency’s Equalities Policy and to engage in actively promoting the Policy within the Project, and in all dealings with other agencies.
- After reasonable consultation, to undertake any other task which is necessary, if called to do so through Line Management.
- Qualifications: Relevant qualification (DANOS recognised), e.g. Substance Misuse , Social Work, Nursing, Relevant NVQ (Level 3 or higher). This is Desirable
- Experience: 2 + years experience in a similar substance misuse role
- Compliance: up to date DBS and references covering the last few years
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working for Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is now one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary health and social care professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 1900+ reviews, and with 20 major awards behind us, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates in a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website, where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.