Job Reference: G01
Therapist – Addictions Recovery
- Minsterworth, Gloucestershire
- £34000 - £35000 per annum
- Permanent / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice has a position available in the Minsterworth area of Gloucestershire for an Addictions Recovery Therapist. This has a competitive salary and additional Counciling hours are available at £45.00 per hour.
- Developing therapeutic relationships with clients facilitating healing and motivating change
- Facilitating psychoeducational and therapeutic groups
- Delivering one to one counselling sessions
- Supporting the delivery of the structured recovery programme
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team to meet clients needs
- Develop good communication and supportive relationships with colleagues and external agencies.
- Making appropriate interventions such as safeguarding and harm reduction
- The ability to effectively encourage and support community guidelines and maintain professional boundaries without antagonising clients.
- Working to appropriate professional code of conduct
Hours for this role is Monday-Friday 9-5.
- Two years post qualifying of direct client work, with at least one year’s experience in working with addiction in a therapeutic group setting.
- Experience in developing and delivering therapeutic support programmes
- Understanding and experience of the main therapeutic interventions utilised with Abbeycare CBT / !2 Step.
- Experience of underlying issues associated with substance use such as past trauma, loss, grief, anxiety and depression.
- A professional counselling qualification
- Professional counselling body membership
- Current driving licence
All posts offered are subject to two satisfactory references, pre-employment health screen and an enhanced DBS.
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Substance Misuse Nurse Prescriber who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.