Youth Justice Officer
- Location: London Wall, England
- Salary: £28.59 - £28.59 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Kamran Hasan
Youth Justice Officer | £28.59 P/H | London Borough of Islington
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and adaptable individual who is passionate about providing excellent youth support and the delivery of clean safe care.
This is a contract position, with the potential of becoming a permanent member of staff, making this a particularly exciting opportunity for applicants.
Please note, we require an experienced Youth Justice Officer preferably a qualified social worker urgently needed for the Youth Justice Service with a minimum of two years experience, Probation Officer qualification/PCEP/YJEP qualifications and relevant experience will also be considered. Candidate must have recent experience of youth justice, be confident in using AssetPlus and also producing good quality pre-sentence reports. We can also consider former Probation Officers who have experience working within youth justice.
To contribute to the provision of effective and high quality multi-agency youth justice service provisions, in preventing and reducing offending by children and young people within a ‘risk led’ youth offending service framework. To fulfil a full range of case management responsibilities associated with work with low to high risk young people, as part of a team approach to case risk management, to include undertaking a full range of Assessment, Planning, Intervention and Supervision (APIS) responsibilities with the specific aim of reducing and preventing offending and improving outcomes for all YOT service users (young people, parents, victims). To participate in the delivery of a wide range of YOT programmes.
– To take responsibility for promoting and safe guarding the welfare of children and young persons in your care and those who you come into contact with.
– Undertaking and co-ordinating assessments, which accurately identify the risk of reoffending, harm, dangerousness and vulnerability of children and young people involved in the CJS by utilising assessment tools, such as ChildView/AssetPlus and CAF.
– To work creatively in developing and delivering targeted interventions to address the needs of and underlying causes of children and young peoples offending. This will involve developing innovative and imaginative approaches to address offending. This could include one-to-one and group work programmes, which evidence a creative and imaginative approach in addressing criminogenic needs.
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best pay rates in the UK for social care employees, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, so why not get in contact with us now.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Free DBS Update
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Online Timesheets, allowing you to submit your hours in an effortless, safe and secure process.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
We are now available to speak to you 24/7 on 0333 200 5424. Please ask for the Criminal Justice Department.