Youth Justice Practitioner
- Location: Kent, England
- Salary: £20 - £30 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Kamran Hasan
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a Youth Justice Practitioner in the Kent area.
There are Full-time or Part-time contracts available.
The rate of pay is £20-£30 P/H.
As a member of a multi agency service, undertake assessment of and direct work with young people and their families so as to reduce the risk of them re-offending in accordance with the agreed intervention plans and in the context of managing their risk of harm to others and vulnerability issues.
- Hold cases at either standard, enhanced or intensive Scaled Approach level in accordance with the Youth Justice Board Case Management Guidance document. This will include significant inter-agency liaison, multi-agency work, for young people and their families using an adolescent risk and whole family model of intervention.
Work with young people and their families or carers in a way which is collaborative, motivating and child-centred to address the factors related to the young persons desisting from offending, the risk they pose to others or their welfare needs.
Represent the service in Court and perform all the tasks expected of a Court Officer. This includes preparing paperwork for the Youth Court, attending as the Youth Offending Service representative and present reports on behalf of colleagues, ensuring that processes and decisions are accurately recorded in accordance with departmental and legislative requirements. This will involve being attentive to the needs of young people and their families at all stages of the Court process.
Undertake safeguarding work in partnership with other agencies where required and ensure that the risk of harm to others is always effectively managed. Understand issues relating to diversity. Respect and promote diversity and equality in accordance with service policies and procedures.
Lead within the team on young people’s participation and ensure that this informs the work of the team and act as Duty Officer as part of the team’s rota system and be prepared to work evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays as required.
The postholder will be expected to work flexibly including evening, weekends and during school holiday periods; this will be co-ordinated by Early Help and Preventative Services Management as required.
- Level 3 diploma (or equivalent) in childcare, Health, Social Care, Youth Work or a relevant field with experience.
- 1-1 years experience required.
- Some remote working involved.
Working with Seven:
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best pay rates in the UK for social care employees, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, so why not get in contact with us now.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Free DBS Update
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Online Timesheets, allowing you to submit your hours in an effortless, safe and secure process.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.