Adult Community Education Tutor (Education)
- Location: Derbyshire, England
- Salary: £15.53 - £15.53 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Michael Bowen
Seven Education is looking for an Adult Community Education Tutor (Education) in Derbyshire.
The subject is L3 Diploma Specialist Support Teaching and Learning in School (Level 3 Teaching Assistant). There are two classes but this order is for Tuesday evenings, there is a separate order for Thursday evenings, 6pm – 9pm. Both classes are currently taught online using Teams and learners are completing electronic portfolios using One File.
We require a L3 Teaching Assistant tutor/assessor. Candidates should be occupationally competent and have a recognised subject qualification at Level 3/4 an assessor qualification and an adult teaching qualification. Experience of using Teams and One File for remote teaching and learning would be an advantage. There will be additional time paid for marking which is to be agreed prior to the assignment start date.
Must hold a Level 3 Award in Education and Training; or its equivalent listed below;-
PTLLS – Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector –
Level 3 or 4
Level 4 Certificate in FE Teaching – Stage 1
City and Guilds 730/7 Stage 1
City and Guilds 730/6 Stage 1
ABC Level 3 Award in Facilitating Learning
All tutors must hold a level 3 qualification or higher in the subject
they are teaching
- – To ensure that an appropriate syllabus is delivered to meet the required outcomes of the course.
– As part of other duties time to be in the classroom and available to students before the start and after the finish of each session.
– To employ a variety of teaching methods
– To involve students in making decisions about course content and the methods and pace of learning
– To contribute to measures to improve the retention of students
– To conduct assessor duties where required, compliant to the awarding body specification for the qualification.
– To mark students work and to give appropriate feedback to enable students to monitor their own progress against their learning goals
– To be familiar with the content of the Adult Community Education Tutor Handbook and to conform to policies laid down in it
– To undertake and record the enrolment, educational guidance and counselling of students
– To prepare thoroughly for all classroom teaching sessions, including minor arrangements to the classroom prior to the start of the session
– To use other duties time in a manner agreed with line management to keep an accurate record of such hours, and to make this record available to a manager on request
– To supervise the work of voluntary or paid staff working within the group
– To adhere to the guiding principles of the County Council’s Learner Entitlement
– To plan the whole course content using the County planning record
– To provide managers with a standardised course outline for publicity and for monitoring purposes
– To maintain a course file as required and to produce an end of course report
– To ensure that full records of course and lesson plans and evaluations are maintained
– To administer registers and keep records of progress of students for statistical purposes
– To attend induction of pre-term meetings, in-service training, curriculum network meetings and other meetings as required and as part of directed time
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.