Job Reference: 55639
Advisory Teacher for LAC
- Luton, Bedfordshire
- £42 - £42 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Advisory Teacher for LAC to work in Luton. This position is initially for a period of 12 months and is paying £42.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
The Virtual School has responsibility for leading on the educational outcomes for looked after children aged 3-25 years.
The post holder will have an important role in enabling the Council to fulfil its statutory responsibilities to promote the educational achievement of looked after children and care leavers.
The post holder will assist professionals in developing, promoting and implementing strategies to improve education attainment.
The Virtual School provide support, advice and challenge to social workers, carers and school staff, in order to ensure the best possible outcomes for looked after children and care leavers.
The post holder will use their high level technical knowledge in relation to all aspects of education, special educational needs, exclusions, admissions and behaviour management.
The work is underpinned by the completion of high quality Personal Education Plans each term.
- Responsibility for overseeing the continued educational progress of a class of looked after children and young people. This includes ensuring that pupils attend Good or Outstanding provision meets their individual learning needs.
- Ensuring that all statutory school age pupils and young people up until Year 13 have a robust, effective Personal Education Plan completed 3 times each year.
- Ensuring that pupils experiencing transitions e.g. secondary, post 16, have effective planning and support in place.
- Raising aspirations and challenging low expectations of looked after children and young people across the wider network.
- Tracking and monitoring pupil attainment and using Pupil Premium Grant funding to target education progress and achievement. 6
- Ensuring that pupils experience reduced time without a school place and that close working partnerships are maintained with social workers during all planned and emergency placement moves that impact on education.
- Supporting wider enrichment opportunities offered through the Virtual School which may include outside normal working hours.
- Equipping the professional network supporting looked after children and care leavers with the skills and knowledge they need to ensure education is prioritised for looked after children.
- Gathering attainment, attendance and progress data to inform strategies to support pupils and wider reporting of Virtual School.
- Maintaining databases and information systems such as Mosaic to ensure pupil records are kept up to date and information is available to network.
- Qualifications: University Degree at grade 2:2 or above.
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Teacher in the UK.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. QTS gained from an ITT programme.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.