Book Keeping Tutor
- Location: Newham, England
- Salary: £28.81 - £36.11 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Book Keeping Tutor to work in Newham. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying from £28.81 (PAYE) – £36.11 (umbrella) per hour. The role involves working from Monday – Friday (9am – 5pm).
- To teach the agreed courses in a flexible and creative way, utilising digital technologies and other resources as appropriate and in line with the organisation’s digital inclusion approach and Learning, Teaching and Assessment Policy, to meet both the needs of the students and the course requirements.
- To deploy a wide range of teaching and student-centred learning strategies that ensure (a) the most effective learning, retention, achievement and progression of students, and (b) the most effective use of teaching time and other resources.
- To follow Our Newham – Learning & Skills quality assurance procedures by maintaining and completing up-to-date group profiles, course outline forms, lesson plans, schemes of work, records of assessment of students’ progress and achievement, evaluation data on course activities and tutor course reports.
- To ensure that the right level of support is given to every individual through a series of regular reviews, progress reports and completion of the Individual Learning Plan.
- To undertake course administration including maintaining a course register and checking students’ enrolment status.
- To provide induction, advice, and information to students on the requirements of the course programme and possible progression routes.
- To work co-operatively with the Programme area including supporting the Pathway Co-ordinator and Social Value Team in promotional and marketing activities for the Programme and the courses taught and participating in departmental curriculum development on a yearly basis.
- To keep up to date in the subject specialist area and seek to develop new skills including IT/ Digital skills in response to changes.
- To administer paperwork in relation to the attainment of qualifications.
- Where appropriate to assist with the preparation of students for entry into relevant examinations.
- To provide detailed syllabus/course outline information and an initial scheme of work for each course before commencement and update/maintain them as part of the course RARPA and documentation files.
- To plan, prepare & create courses, schemes of work, handouts, assessment tools and individual lesson plans appropriate to the needs, interests, experience and existing knowledge of the learners in the class.
- To monitor, set, mark, correct and assess individual learners work in a timely manner against course syllabus and learning objectives.
- To maintain and effectively use Individual learning plans with students to facilitate the students’ evaluation of progress and understanding of what is required to improve.
- Willingness and ability to undertake evening duties on a regular basis and occasional weekend working as and when required
- University Degree at grade 2:2 or above.
Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Tutor in the UK.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS and references covering the last 3 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.